AVPN has an opening for: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
PositionReporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the COO will have both internal and external facing responsibilities, ranging from the development of AVPN’s financial management strategy and contribution to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. Of considerable importance will be the COO’s ability to build on existing relationships with public and private funders and develop new ones. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced senior business executive with a proven track record of creative problem-solving to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organization. The COO will partner closely with the CEO to chart AVPN’s future growth and determine a strategic response to rapidly growing demand for the network’s services across a wide geography.ResponsibilitiesStrategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise the CEO and other key members of senior management on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, governance and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of AVPN’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process alongside the CEO
- Ensure that AVPN is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the board and funders
- Provide analytical support to AVPN’s internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Improve administrative and operational accounting services such as cash flow management, grants payment processing, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing.
External Relationship Development:
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
- Publicly represent AVPN with external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations and build excitement for AVPN’s mission.
- An ability to function at both operational and Board level both internally and externally
Qualifications and Qualities
- Bachelors degree in business or accounting or economics is mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role preferably in a finance or strategy function
- Experience in Asia in either a business or non profit setting is required
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask and can work in a smaller dynamic organization
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented who is energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with AVPN members, board of directors, and staff
- Passion for AVPN’s mission
Interested candidates should apply enclosing their resume and a cover letter expressing the reasons for their interest in the COO position to email@example.com